Live life in style

September 12, 2017

5 STEPS TO PACKING FOR MY BACHELORETTE


I cannot believe my bachelorette week has finally arrived. I have been counting down the days for this since the planning began back in April. T and I chose to celebrate our last days of "singledom" together with our closest friends in California. Napa has always had a special place in our hears and we wanted to share one of our favorite places with some of our favorite people.

Being that this is my bachelorette, it can be assumed I have been debating looks for a long time. Once the summer sales hit the stores, I began my hunt for the perfect ensembles. I was ultimately looking for matching sets for easy dressing and fashionable looks. These are some of my packing rules when styling is one of the last things I want to think about for this celebratory weekend:

1. MATCHING SETS ARE YOUR BEST FRIEND
I loooovvveee a good matching ensemble. In my opinion, there is nothing better than a two piece look that is meant to go together. I found some amazing Isabel Marant looks on sale at Bergdorf's during the end of the season. All the outfits are super comfortable and super chic. Plus, I won't have to stress about the outfit considering they are already meant to be worn together.



2. LESS IS MORE
My beauty rituals do not take a backseat when I am traveling. I still bring my masks, serums and creams when packing my bag. Plane rides rip the moisture from your skin, so I tend to be even more prone to breakouts during the traveling time. Instead of packing full-size jars of products, I will  realistically portion our what I'll need in travel size containers. This helps manage space and weight while packing my carry-on.



3. LAYER, LAYER, LAYER
I like to layer, obviously... When traveling I prefer to wear my heavier knits and/or jackets on the plane. It is generally chilly in the airport and on the plane, so wear your heavier pieces on the plane. This will allow for more space in your tote and your carry-on.



4. NAILS
My nails are ALWAYS done before I travel. This has been a rule I have lived by since forever and I continue to follow it. I have never left a plane feeling squeaky clean or glamorous like so many of the celebs seem to look in paparazzi photos. A good manicure and pedicure always lifts my spirits and traveling is definitely a time to do the little things to feel a little bit more feminine.



5. TWO SHOES PLEASE
Yes, shoes come in pairs of two, but that is not what I mean here. I only like to pack two, three max pair of shoes when traveling. This specific trip involves lots of walking, so sneakers are ideal. However, in 85 degree heat I wanted to also bring a pair of sandals. I will wear my sneakers on the plane and pack my sandals. So simple and so efficient.





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig