Live life in style

May 2, 2018

My Ultimate Charleston Shopping Guide


PANTS: Tome  | TOP: Johanna Ortiz (sold out, try this similar style) JEWELRY: Uno de 50 | SHOES: Bally (love these more affordable options) | HANDBAG: Larone Artisans



Before traveling to a new city, I like to research the best spots to visit during my trip. Restaurants, bars, rooftops and museums are among my list of must-see spots in order to capture the history, vibe and culture of the given location. However, the one recommend I always seek, yet rarely receive are shopping recommendations. I'm not sure why, but it is rare anyone ever provides retail recommends. During my Charleston visit, I carved out enough time to leisurely stroll King Street and stumbled upon some famous spots and some lesser known spots on the Charleston retail scene.



1. Hampden Clothing
An obvious choice for anyone visiting this historic city, Hampden is the "it" high-end store in this charming southern town. Zimmermann, Isabel Marant, Monse and Ulla Johnson are all well represented at this well stocked spot. I love all the bright colors and prints that make up the assortment. When Carven sits next to Stella Mccartney , along with neighboring designer All Things Moochi you know you are in for a real shopping treat.

2. Beckett
More like the little sister to the formerly mentioned store, this contemporary focused retailer sells pretty dresses from brands like Needle and Thread and Elizabeth & James. I imagine this store is the go-to when sorority girls from College of Charleston need formal looks and date night outfits. It is a mix of pretty pieces with southern charm.



3. Candy Shop Vintage
I was told about this store when dining with a girlfriend at McGradys Saturday night. She asked if I ever heard of the candy rice necklace craze that hit Charleston in the past year, which obviously resulted in "no". Being from the Northeast, I had no idea what she was talking about, but quickly did some research to check it out the next day. Candy Shop Vintage sells a curated assortment of vintage jewels, fancy handbags and beautiful home goods. Of course, the famous candy rice necklaces are on full display when you first walk-in, but it is the sparkly baubles that caught my eye.

4. Pink Chicken
I must be living under a rock, because when I stumbled upon this quaint store on King I was told they have several other locations including one in New York City! I was beyond excited to hear this news because I wanted everything in the store! Pink Chicken sells its namesake label in both children's wear and women's wear offering dresses, tops, pants and accessories in an array of prints and colors.


PANTSTome  | TOP: Johanna Ortiz (sold out, try this similar styleJEWELRYUno de 50 | SHOES: Bally (love these more affordable options) | HANDBAG: Larone Artisans








SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Thanks for your tips, and i love your match. Fashion look

    https://www.hebeos.it

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great outfit! Colorful and beautiful! The shoes are amazing as well!

    https://4highheelsfans.wordpress.com/2018/05/03/chantilly-day-4-apotheosis/

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg SUCH a cute top!!

    XO, Jessi
    https://jmalay.com/top-10-beauty-products-cant-live-without/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sooo love your pants dear! Vibrant and really pretty with your one-shoulder top! Such a posh spring look!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig