Live life in style

April 2, 2018

What I'm wearing to watch March Madness


BLOUSE: Hellessy | JEANS: Grlfrnd | TOTE: Foley & Corina | FLATS: Giambatistta Valli  (sold out, but I like these and these) | EARRINGS: Rebecca De Ravenel

The pinnacle of college basketball culminates tonight as the Villanova Wildcats take on the Michigan Wolverines in a head to head game for the championship trophy. It might surprise you that a fashionista like myself would take any care for sports, but March Madness is just about the only time I enjoy watching friendly competition against teams. Along with thousands of others in the city, I'll be heading to the nearest bar to watch the game go down. Being a Philly native, I'm supporting the Wildcats but New York City has a huge Michigan alumni presence and I'm sure the streets will be crowded with fans routing for their respective teams. While some will be donning their team's memorabilia, I was never one to wear sports jerseys or even the team's color. I believe you can be a supportive fan without painting your face and wearing a string of beads around your neck. This night I'll change out of my work attire into something a bit more casual and dressed-up to enjoy the final two play head to head.


You'll want to be comfortable, but still remain fashionable when heading to the bars. Instead of wearing the hum-drum jeans and a tee, find a pair of non-stretch denim, like these Grldfrnd or a pair by my favorite Re/done Levi's.


At this point, it is of no surprise that I love a great statement blouse, and this Hellessy piece is a must-have! If this piece looks familiar, it's because I've recently worn this star print in a different silhouette. I love this blouson style for its comfort and ease while I'll be cheering on Villanova. This silk top is finished with black buttons and a black sash to fit snug around the waist. I can't wait to get my hands on similar styles here and here, each perfect for a night out.

Yes, satin shoes are a bit impractical for bar hopping, but could you blame me for loving these Giambattista Valli flats?! While beads and sparkles may need to be left behind for basketball games, finding a beautiful ballet flat in an array of colors was no easy feat. Anthropologie and Bhldn each offer beautiful flats in a range of prices that would be ideal to dress-up a pair of jeans on a Monday night.


This is me filling out my winning bracket that had Loyola and Sister Jean in the Final Four :) And just in case you were in the market for a colorful tote, this Foley & Corina bag is ideal for toting your things around the city. I love the bright pink color and gold handle. I receive so many compliments when I wear this bag and its uses vary from work meetings to weekend workouts. I love the silhouette for its more formal qualities, but its space makes it perfect for even a gym bag!


Good luck to all and Go Wildcats!

BLOUSE: Hellessy | JEANS: Grlfrnd TOTE: Foley & Corina | FLATS: Giambatistta Valli  (sold out, but I like these and these) | EARRINGS: Rebecca De Ravenel





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig