Live life in style

April 4, 2018

Stay, Eat, See, Do at The Life Hotel NYC


Spending a weekend in NYC can be quite a whirlwind. There are so many restaurants, cocktail lounges, shows, and retail stores to visit in a short amount of time. I've covered top spots in the West Village, noted top NYC restaurants and mentioned my favorite go-to shopping spots, but never have I focused on spending time in the Big Apple in just two days. So during my quick stay at The Life Hotel, I thought best to take advantage of its prime, midtown location and explore only the best in all of Manhattan.


Stay:
The Life Hotel is located in midtown, just above Flatiron and east of Chelsea. I loved the history behind the hotel, being it was the old headquarters of Life magazine and home to a real speakeasy during the prohibition era. Its cozy qualities are rare to find in the big city, which is everything The Life Hotel embodies.


Eat:
Being from Philadelphia, I will always have a sweet spot for Philly native restauranteur Stephen Starr. Upland exemplifies all the makings of a successful, Starr restaurant including the food (the mushroom appetizer is my favorite), the wine selection and the buzzy scene. Wear an elevated look like this or another one of my personal favorites here.


See:
You can order Hamilton tickets a year in advance or even score Dear Evan Hansen tickets months out, but if you want to see a new talk of the town show get your hands of some tix to Mean Girls. It's been getting rave reviews and it already looks like it is going to be a major hit. Don't forget to wear your favorite pink look!


Do:
I would be remiss if I didn't mention shopping in the greatest retail capital in the world. The newest store, The Real Real in Soho has been quite the tourist attraction. Last time I was there I spotted Judd Apatow and Leslie Mann perusing the racks, among the other very fashionable ladies shopping the store. This is not your small town second-hand store. Get your credit card ready to score some major Chanel and Celine you've been eyeing all season.

Shop my favorites:




A HUGE thank you to The Life Hotel for allowing us to photograph in their space. For more information on staying check out: https://lifehotel.com/





SHARE:

2 comments

  1. You're really shining in these pictures!

    https://4highheelsfans.wordpress.com/2018/03/27/felidae/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cool place, and you have such gorgeous outfits dear! Loving those colorful dresses, especially the 3rd and 4th. You looks so glamorous on those colors dear! Really lovely outfits!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig