Live life in style

January 30, 2018

WHERE TO GO AND WHAT TO WEAR: BROOKLYN EDITION


SKIRTEleanour Balfour ( more affordable styles here, and here) | BODYSUITEleanour Balfour (I also like this and this) | BOOTSStuart Weitzman (these are nice too)


Brooklyn is famous for its hipster vibes, flashy night clubs, unique dining options and a whole bevy of newly opened hotels on the Wythe Ave strip. What was once a vacant area is now filled with hot-spot restaurants and bars, which all warrant a trip from any devout Manhannite. Though Brooklyn is still unfamiliar territory to me, I am aware of all its glory based on its glowing reviews from friends, colleagues and every New York publication I read. Last week, I took the trip over the bridge to Williamsburg to experience the newest hotel gem to open its doors to the public.


The Williamsburg Hotel has more to offer than meets the eye. This is an eight story building with 150 rooms,  complete with a bar, restaurant and a roof-top pool. Upon entering, you cannot but stand in awe of the glossy brass bar, finished with a rainbow installation by artist Eric Reiger. The deep, plush turquoise booths make an ideal seating situation for a cozy date with the one you love. 

After enjoying the visual details of the bar, I headed straight for Harvey, the brunch spot everyone raves about and is obviously a must-see. I chose the kale salad and acai fruit bowl coupled with a hot tea. I was instantly over-the-moon for the jewel tone interiors and tear-drop lights. It is an ideal spot for brunching with friends or early afternoon drinks with colleagues. 


Wear: Brooklyn has a way different vibe than Manhattan. Think edgier, cooler and hipper which meant my outfit needed to be less refined than looks of the past. I chose to wear this head to toe Eleanour Balfour look with my thigh-high boots. It was a pure coincidence I was matching the interior design of the space, but it worked out perfectly!


SKIRTEleanour Balfour ( more affordable styles here, and here) | BODYSUITEleanour Balfour (I also like this and this) | BOOTSStuart Weitzman (these are nice too)



When heading to Brooklyn, choose to wear a more fashion-forward, laid-back look. Skip the sparkly jewels and opt for a gold architectural earring and find a cleaner shoe as opposed to a dressed heel. Beyond the accessories,  looks like this and this are ideal when bar hopping on Berry Ave. 

A special thank you to the Harvey at the The Williamsburg Hotel for their hospitality!




SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I love the colorful outfit! You look so gorgeous.
    http://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look so pretty x
    https://sykirah.blogspot.my

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic colored outfit! And the OTK boots are awesome ;)

    https://4highheelsfans.wordpress.com/2018/01/27/classic-is-eternal/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this series is so on point,
    I am so in love with the setting and your look,
    the skirt is my highlight.

    take a look at my BLOG and also INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the color combination! that bodysuit has such a lovely color!
    have a wonderful day x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your skirt is perfect! You look great and the location is nice :)

    http://www.desiringsme.com/5-lessons-from-blogging/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool little spot you found! Love the bar paneling, so aged and artsy! A definite departure from Manhattan but I love it even more!!! And your skirt! I want~
    New fashion post talking about how I switched careers and found my calling, hope you’ll check it out babe! Xx- Julie

    Haute Khuuture Blog | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that colour combo, feels so fresh for this time of year! For all my trips to NYC, I've never made my way to Brooklyn. I'll have to change that on my next trip! xx Rox-Anne Celebrating This Life

    ReplyDelete
  9. Babe, you look fabulous! Loving the colors of your pretty outfit, and how you tone it down with grey OTK boots. Nicely done photos as well!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the combination of colors in your outfit!
    www.holeph.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig