Live life in style

September 27, 2017

WHAT TO WEAR TO THE NEW YORK CITY BALLET FALL GALA


Twice a year, the New York City Ballet opens their season with a highly anticipated gala, pairing their most talented choreographers with the world's most talented fashion designers. This high profile occasion begins with a cocktail event, followed by the performances and ends with a night of dinner, dancing and mingling with New York's ballet elite. The black-tie event involves all things glamour. This year, unfortunately, I will be heading out of town for a wedding in the Hamptons, but before I was aware of my schedule overlap, I set out brainstorming for the ultimate dress for the ultimate night.


This Hellessy top and skirt is perfect for a casual night on the town with a quick stop at the NYCB gala. It might be a bit too casual for the event, but I loved mixing the two stripes together. I sometimes like to imagine budgets were bottomless (ha!), and if that was the case, these are some of the looks I would don to the ballet's biggest night.

(Valentino)

(Carolina Herrera)

(Marchesa)

(Brandon Maxwell)

(Brock Collection)

(Michael Kors)

(Rochas)

(Oscar De La Renta)

(Ralph Russo)

(Marchesa)

(Michael Kors)

For more fun looks check out my Pinterest board for additional styles to wear to this glamorous event in the city. 





SHARE:

22 comments

  1. You look stunning.
    Your picks are awesome. I am in love with the marchesa dress.
    Have a great week.

    Love, Esther
    https://lifestyle-tale.com/en/little-black-dress/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Esther! Marchesa is always amazing! I wish I could wear that designer everyday:)

      Delete
  2. You look beautiful! That skirt is so gorgeous!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful outfit for the ballet!
    Thanks for your kind comment on my blog. Do you want to follow each other?
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely skirt! What a great way to pair them with a striped top!

    Simply,
    Jenn | www.lepetittato.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved pairing the two stripes together. I thought it was so unexpected~!

      X
      Samantha

      Delete
  5. You look absolutely stunning! I love the other dresses!

    http://violettedaily.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I freaking love this outfit!! Specially the skirt, its too cute!!

    https://justohana.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too!!! I loved pairing the stripes together!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. OMG, you are so kind Marije!!! Maybe some wishful thinking:)
      XX

      Delete
  8. You look so lovely! Adore your picks too <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks so much Rachel. Wish there was always an occasion to wear something so amazing!

      Delete
  9. The skirt is totally eyecatchy and amazing,
    it suits yu perfectly.
    I love this series, it reminds me of a fashion editorial.

    take a look at my BLOG and also INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Amely! I love all the high fashion options!

      Delete
  10. Lovely picks,
    Nistha
    https://www.fashionistha.com/being-my-comfy-self/

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig