Live life in style

October 2, 2017

HOW TO DRESS LIKE SERENA VAN DER WOODSEN

Serena Van Der Woodsen will forever be a style icon for anyone who loved Gossip Girl. Her flowing blonde locks, long legs and wide smile are all qualities almost any girl yearned for after watching the premiere episode in September of 2007. After watching several seasons of one of my all time favorite shows over and over, I discovered some ways to incorporate her classic, on-trend New York style. These top five tips are sure-fire ways to feel a bit more like Serena in your everyday life.

1. SHOW THOSE LEGS
Serena always had those stems on display. No matter the occasion, she always found a way to show off her gams. Whether it was short shorts, a sky-high mini or a deep slit, she knew how to work one of her best assets.




2. SPARKLE SPAKLE
Have you ever noticed that Serena loved her sequins. Time and time again, if the event was right, she always wore something with sparkle. A jacket, a skirt or flashy accessory included a shiny, sparkling piece to add to her ensemble.




3. COLOR ACCENTS
For many New Yorkers, black is the only color in their closets. However, Ms. Serena always knew color was the secret way to make a statement in the Big Apple. She always wore a bright color to stand out from the sea of black on the Upper East Side streets of Manhattan.




4. BOLD ACCESSORIES
Serena never shied from wearing her statement pieces. She loved a bold necklace, a colorful clutch or a classic statement shoe. Serena was always the life of the party and her accessoires played a major role as queen of the Upper East Side.



5. HEELS AND MORE HEELS
It was rarity a when Ms. Van Der Woodsen was spotted wearing a flat. Her Jimmy Choos, Manolos and Alexandre Birmans were always on full display throughout her reign on Gossip Girl. Honestly, even if Serena was wearing Steve Madden, it didn't make much of difference. When your legs are the length of the Empire State building, any heel will make do.










SHARE:

21 comments

  1. I've always been more of a Blair, but I love your picks. They're super spot on and very Serena.

    xo | Cindy Elena
    www.boringclothes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, me too!!! I always liked Blair's style better, but Serena always had the more city-slicker looks. Either way, gotta love Gossip Girl!!

      Delete
  2. Fabulous style,I love Gossip Girl
    New post:http://thepinkpineappleblog.blogspot.com/2017/10/nyfw-day-5.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, who doesn't love a good Gossip Girl, right?!

      Delete
  3. Serena had such an amazing sense of style on GG <3

    Enclothed Cognition

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so perfect for Serena! GG was my absolute favorite.

    xx Chelsea
    www.organizedmessblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I was partial to Blair, but always loved Serena!

      Delete
  5. Wow I love her style so much, so bold and so cool!


    www.ismurfshion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her style was always so bold! Very statement making for sure!

      Delete
  6. She has literally been my style icon since I first saw the show when I was 14! I'll never forget that monochrome print dress with the embellished waist band and neckline- that was one of my fave looks of hers.

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG yes!!! I remember when she came out wearing that too! You knew she was the queen of UES in that dress!

      Delete
  7. Oh my goodness I miss Gossip Girl! I loved Serena's style but always found myself more towards Blaire's choice of fashion. Definitely agree Serena's all about the sparkles!

    https://www.bunnybernice.com/single-post/2017/10/03/Classy-Invitation-Boxes-For-Your-Groomsmen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I wish they would do a reunion or something. I too love Blair's looks, but Serena always had some show stopping looks!

      Delete
  8. I will forever love her style, Blake Lively is perfectly casted.

    xoxo Falasha
    Bite My Fashion


    Instagram| Bloglovin'| Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she so amazing! Something her outfits off camera were better than her ones on the show!

      Delete
  9. waoo girl you are look gorgeous all style are amazing you are so beautifull dear... :)
    https://wpthemesfree.website best wordpress premium themes

    ReplyDelete
  10. Serena always looked so stylish! I love Gossip Girl, did you know they're thinking about making a new season? Your picks are great too btw!

    Marije | thegfguide.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A new season?! No way! I wonder who will play all the leads!

      Delete
  11. serena really does pull off sparkle like nobody else!

    www.ziweiz.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig