Live life in style

May 8, 2017

FIRST DANCE, FIRST LOOK

No, I will never go on a "first" date again. However, first dates are always topics of conversation among my single friends and I always enjoy partaking in the chatter about what to wear and where to go. Now, being a girl, I personally believe it is the man's job to decide the whereabouts of the date.  That said, I am all about opining on a first date outfit. I think the flirtier the ensemble, the better. I would never recommend a cleavage baring, mini-skirt wearing look, but a peep of a leg and a fun color for the occasion would be ideal. It dawned on me during a photo shoot recently that I was wearing a perfect first date look. A flirty, floral outfit with a sunny, colorful palette and heels perfect for dancing.

In fact, I remember the outfit I wore on my first date with T. It was completely inappropriate and I never felt worse on a first date than that specific one. The outfit I wanted to wear had a stain on it, found by a co-worker before I headed out the door. I was forced to change back into my work attire which consisted of a striped tee and bandage skirt (it was 2011, bandage skirts were all the rage) along with red moccasins. It was awful. So I beg of you, avoid my mistake and choose something that is versatile and fun. Don't end up wearing moccasins and a striped tee:(



Walking the cobblestone streets of Soho, my floral skirt was swinging in the breeze and the fringe on my sandals was bouncing in my every step. An ideal excuse to go from drinks to dinner to dancing the night away. 



Shop this look and similar products here for your first date look:






SHARE:

14 comments

  1. Love.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this look. Esp the top and the sandals. You looking like an imagination, so pretty.
    Much Love,
    Nistha
    https://www.fashionistha.com/denim-shirt-style-3/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you so much Nistha! That is such an amazing compliment! I thought the look for super springy and fun!
      X
      Samantha

      Delete
  3. Love this look! <3

    xxAmanda
    http://www.poiseinwings.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it so great!! I thought perfect for a first day!
      X
      Samantha

      Delete
  4. Love this outfit! You did a great job styling it!
    http://theoraclejournal.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty and chic first date outfit. I'm guessing your married since you said you will never have a first date again :)
    I totally agree on being a little flirty, but not too much

    xo
    http://style-hue.com/denim-denim-blue/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I'm engaged:) I wore such a frump first date outfit for my first date with my now fiance though! I am much more aware of good first date looks now!
      X
      Samantha

      Delete
  6. These shoes though! Stunning
    xx
    Mademoiselle Coconath
    http://mllecoconath.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your yellow top is just adorable!
    Kate || KATE KOUTURES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it so cute! I found it at H&M! Such a great buy!
      X
      Samantha

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig