Live life in style

April 5, 2017

NYBLONDE X THE GIRLS DID NEXT

It is always exciting when someone enjoys your work whether in the creative field or any other genre. So I was super pumped when last month, the newly launched blog, The Girls Did Next from the UK, asked me to provide some insight into my blog, my style and the inspiration behind The New York Blonde. I wanted to provide some highlights and a sneak peak to the full interview with the link at the bottom. 

What made you want to start blogging?
I originally wanted to move into a styling/merchandising job and felt a blog would help promote my style and creative vision. I was working in buying and knew I needed a platform to showcase my styling efforts. Blogging was the outlet used to create a portfolio of my work.

Has living in New York effected the way your fashion sense? How has it evolved?
Absolutely! Many New Yorkers will tell you they live in the color black, and at one point that was definitely true for my wardrobe. Over time, I embraced color and print and started dressing with a more unique flair. I was tired of wearing a uniform and wanted to break free from classic New York minimalism.

Has living in New York effected the way your fashion sense? How has it evolved?
Absolutely! Many New Yorkers will tell you they live in the color black, and at one point that was definitely true for my wardrobe. Over time, I embraced color and print and started dressing with a more unique flair. I was tired of wearing a uniform and wanted to break free from classic New York minimalism.

Name your style icon?
Carolyn Bessette-Kennedy and Lauren Santo Domingo. Two very different styles, but both true New York blondes.

Favourite designer and why?
Michael Kors remains my favorite designer of all time. I think people are surprised when I say that, but there is not one collection that has not been absolutely stunning. I could live in Michael Kors collection season over season. His designs are a perfect marriage of classic and contemporary style.

Heels or flats?
I should say heels, but I love a good flat. I think a good flat can be more chic than a high heel.



 For the full interview

http://thegirlsdidnext.blogspot.com

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig