Live life in style

April 3, 2017

CASUAL TRIBECA WEEKENDS

In case you haven't been following my Instagram account, my favorite types of clothing generally involve sequins, feathers and the color pink. However, there are only so many occasions where details like those are deemed appropriate. When I am not hitting the town for a night out, you can find me walking the streets of Tribeca in more casual looks involving a legging, leather jacket and a white trainer. Because I generally blog on dinner dates and hot-spot venues with ensembles to match, I wanted to offer a more casual take on The New York Blonde style while out and about in the neighborhood on a Saturday afternoon while wearing the casual and contemporary brand Anatomie.


My Saturdays always start with a stop at Laughing Man for a soy latte in Tribeca. This tiny coffee shop is visited by locals and tourists alike, not only for their wonderful fair trade work in Africa, but also because it is owned by Aussie New Yorker Hugh Jackman. Try to avoid the late morning rush when Tribeca moms wait in line for their flat whites and almond lattes before heading home from their morning workouts. This two-tone legging with a worn-in leather jacket was the perfect ensemble for a quick trip to grab coffee, and certainly rivaled the other outfits by Tribeca locals in line.


A Saturday is not complete without a stop to The Odeon on West Broadway. A New York staple, this has been a go-to spot for years for entertainment meetings, deal making appointments and now my regular brunch spot. I somehow managed a warm day which was perfect because I really wanted to wear my denim mini. Pairing the white illusion tee with a zip vest made for an easy throw on in case it cooled down on my walk home.


An afternoon isn't finished until I walk off my pancake brunch. I love to stroll through the historic district of Tribeca. Living downtown, you need to be prepared for a cool wind from the waterfront, which is why I pulled this leather jacket for extra warmth coupled with a camo pant. I can't resist a pop print, especially when it comes to casual wear!


I couldn't possibly forget to head to the water to take in Battery Park City. Crossing the West Side Highway to Pier 26, you almost forget you are in Manhattan. There are so many activities going on, you could easily spend the day walking up and down the piers. I most likely head to City Vineyard for a glass of wine before heading home to plan out my nightly events. Again, a mini leather jacket is a must-have for fashion and function when the sun goes down on the water.


Plus, my weekends are never complete without a shopping trip. This go-around the shopping trip I took to pull these looks did not involve a store, but led me to the Anatomie showroom in the Garment District in Midtown. Though you can purchase Anatomie online and at specialty boutiques, the brand also offers a unique shopping experience in their showroom. I worked with Melina, a senior manager, to help pull items from the collection and put together different looks for an upcoming vacation. This service is offered to the public just by making an appointment. It is a once-in-a lifetime experience and for busy New Yorkers or New York tourists, it is a great option for personal service.
For more information on Anatmoie and to make an appointment:

260 West 39th Street, Suite 701
Between 7th and 8th Avenues



SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Oh, you look great! I really love the denim skirt, really cool!

    X

    Love, http://herrendezvous.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! So glad you like all the looks!

      Delete
  2. i LOVE all those outfits! you look amazing!
    have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much love!!! Have a great day too!!
      X

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig