Live life in style

March 1, 2017

WHAT TO WEAR TO THE WALDORF

The Waldorf Astoria, the famed New York hotel, will officially close its doors this week for a two-to-three year overhaul renovation. I remember the first time I walked into the Waldorf.  I was in my early twenties, and as with most first time New York experiences, I had no idea what to expect. I always want to look my best in order to feel my best, but I was dumbfounded as what to wear to the hotel that has been graced by old-school celebrities and titans of industry. I probably assumed everyone walked around in their Sunday best and gemstone jewelry while taking in the beauty and grandeur of the hotel. These are the types of NYC experiences we dream about…but when they actually come to fruition, we are so confused as to what to wear we forgo all logic and end up wearing our most luxurious items from head to toe.  I think it is best to retain a sense of sophistication when heading uptown, but remaining casually chic. I was pouring over photos for inspiration for Waldorf-perfect pieces, when I realized this season's one shoulder trend with a high waist pant is a perfect pairing for my signature look of whimsical sophistication. I wore this look on a recent shoot, and absolutely love everything about it; the one shoulder, large ruffle, ditsy print, two tone look.  It is just perfect. Obviously you can wear this to many uptown jaunts, but this outfit is special and special outfits deserve to be worn at special places like the Waldorf. 




For this look: Zara.com


SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Oh my gosh this outfit is everything! You look absolutely gorgeous!

    Love, Lindsey
    http://www.thenomisniche.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lindsey! A big ruffle AND off the shoulder is my fav!
      xox

      Delete
  2. Wow, this one shoulder top is amazing! Love this outfit! :) I wish I could live in New York as well :)
    Love,
    Celine

    ceyourgoals by Celine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Celine! You definitely don't need to live in New York to sport this outfit:)

      Delete
  3. Love your outfit! That top is so cute! :)

    And I love your strappy heels! :)

    YouTube | Blog: Geekette in High Heels | Instagram

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig