Live life in style

November 7, 2017

PART ONE: WHAT TO WEAR TO MY WEDDING - THE BALL GOWN


The countdown is on and my wedding is officially only a few days away. Since sending out my invites, I've received countless texts, calls and messages asking about the attire. The invitation reads "Black Tie Affair", but the endless options of interpretation can cause a bit of confusion. Does someone wear a ball gown, a long dress or a mid-length lace number? The answer is yes to all, but keeping within the constraints of formal and fancy attire. I sometimes wish I was invited to my very own wedding so I had the opportunity to don some of the fantastic gowns and dresses that are made for this type of occasion. In keeping with the "black tie" theme, I rounded up some of my favorite dresses that would be most opportune for the nightly affair. This three part series includes the famous ball gown silhouette, the sexier option and the over-the-top one.

Part One: The Ball Gown

How I wish I could wear a ball gown once a week. The reactions I received strutting through Central Park in this hot pink Sachin & Babi number were nothing shy of awe. The color, the silhouette and the fabric is so dreamy. While even this dress could not rival my amazing wedding gown, the bright color and full skirt will rival any guest at the wedding.

If you are lucky enough to attend one of the many holiday galas in the city this is a sure-fire hit. Whether you happen to head to Lincoln Center, Spring Studios the Boat House or somewhere fancy in your hometown, this ball gown has all the Gossip Girl, Serena vibes fit for a NYC queen.


Shop the Post:















SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Wow such a gorgeous pink gown. I wish i can wear gown once a week, too.
    @rachelvogttrends
    http://rachelvogttrends.com/2017/11/06/fall-holiday-outfits/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That ball gown is gorgeous! I hope you have the best time at your wedding! :)

    http://www.lifeofardor.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so stunning!!!!! The hot pink is so good on you!
    x Rubi
    Pose & Repeat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! So gorgeous! One thing I love about NYC is that you CAN wear a ballgown in Central Park and even though people will look, statement fashion is so much more at home there! You look amazing!

    Katherine | www.oneswainkycouple.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that dress is fabulous dear. I love the color, and it's really beutifully done. You look gorgeous with your hairstyle too.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty color🧡and that pink suits you so well🧡🧡love your hair too

    Xo

    Dhwani

    Http://www.quirksofme.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig