Live life in style

July 24, 2017

WEEKDAY DATE NIGHT LOOK

Living in New York City during a heat wave is kind of like living in an insulated desert town. The skyscrapers only limit the cool breeze from the Hudson and the black streets radiate the stinging heat permeating our over-heated bodies from our non-AC subway rides. The last thing I want to do is wear my work attire to meet up with friends. I've now resorted to keeping my work top, change into my favorite Theory linen shorts (now on sale!) and  swipe on red lipstick to distract the fact the rest of my makeup has melted off from my lunch time coffee break outside. Similar to my night out looks, I like to retain a level of glamour when I head to the bars, no matter what time of the evening it may be. This Hellessy top paired with an easy pair of shorts makes for a great wardrobe option to beat the heat and prevent looking like a sweaty mess straight from the evening commute home.

(Top: Hellessy, Shorts: Theory, Handbag: Aeron Studio, Shoes: Jcrew, Earrings: Baublebar)
Shop This Look:


SHARE:

5 comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig