Live life in style

June 20, 2018

The Colombian Designer Every New Yorker is Wearing



Let me start off by stating I scored this Johanna Ortiz top on sale at  Moda Operandi for almost 80% off its original price. I adore anything by Colombian designer Johanna Ortiz and keep a close watch when designer pieces get discounted in hopes of scoring the ultimate find. This top specifically is one of my favorite pieces for its utmost versatility, one-shoulder silhouette, linen fabric and button-down preppy qualities. I've easily worn this top 10 times since receiving it in the mail, styling it with pants, a skirt and even a casual denim jean.


TOP: Johanna Ortiz | PANTS: Hellessy (try these more affordable ones too) | CLUTCH: Larone Artisans | EARRINGS: Bauble Bar



The versatility of this one-shoulder look is endless and I was well aware when I found it online. The crumbled linen material was ideal for vacations because it never really wrinkles. This time I paired it with beautiful satin trousers from Hellessy. This monochromatic look is rich in texture, and perfect for a cocktail party or wedding rehearsal dinner. Nothing makes me happier than mixing similar colors seen here, here and here


TOPJohanna Ortiz | JEANS: Grlfnd | EARRINGS: Migonne Gavigan | SHOES: Aquazzara



And don't forget about denim! Mixing blue tones doesn't stop with silk! Denim is a great palette base for almost any top, but especially this specific look. I initially intended on wearing this top with blue jeans. I knew it would be a super cute look for lunching with friends or even a casual dinner date. This time I paired the monochromatic look with a red ballet flat by Aquzarra.


 | TOPJohanna Ortiz | PANTSTome | JEWELRYUno de 50 | SHOES: Bally (love these more affordable options) | HANDBAG: Larone Artisans

If this photo looks familiar, it is probably because you've seen it on my Instagram feed. I like to think this blue hue is more a neutral than fitting into a color category of sorts. Pairing these rainbow Tome pants with the top was a great way to embrace all the colors of Rainbow row in Charleston. I also love a good floral pant, like this one to brighten up the summer day!









SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Gorgeous looks dear! My fave is the first one, so elegant and so edgy! The last one with the colorful trousers is really pretty too, so cute for summer!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig