Live life in style

October 18, 2017

WHAT TO WEAR TO YOUR NYC DINNER PARTY: SWEATER WEATHER


Us New Yorkers are famous for our nightly dinner take-out. Who has time to whip up a fabulous dinner each night? In all honesty, we don't. My friends and I rely on scheduled dinner parties, where we each host in our respective apartments and prepare a dish that has been thoughtfully planned for at least a month. I mean, at least I plan a month out... cooking isn't really my thing. Forget the cooking part, the outfit is really the most important thing when heading to a dinner party. Our's are pretty relaxed, but even on the most relaxed of days, you still want to rep your most fashionable and comfortable look. I felt coziest in this off-the-shoulder Hellessy sweater (more affordable looks here, here and here). Pair your heavy knit with a beautiful statement earring to glam up your casual ensemble.


The Sweater: Choose a style that is cozy with a chic silhouette. I am loving all the off-the-shoulder styles being offered this season. Instead of a sexy, fitted ots top, opt for a soft knit in this shoulder baring look.






The Jean: Skip the rips and tears for this occasion. Distressed denim is for weekends and casual coffee dates. I love my Glrfrnd Denim, but any pair will do. These options are a bit more sophisticated, but equally as comfortable as any other denim. 




The Earring: If you haven't noticed by now, I love a good statement earring. I am a firm believer that a beautiful earring can elevate any look. I chose to keep within the neutral family when matching an earring back to my Fall dinner party look. Less is more in this case and a classic gold metal look will instantly add an elegance to the outfit.





The Shoe: Find a flat that is friendliest to your feet. You will most likely be walking around chatting with friends and a shoe is the last thing you want to be worried about. I love a well made flat like this denim one from Club Monaco. These are just some of my favs that will be comfy all night.





Shop this look:


SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Your sweater is so cozy and cute, love how you paired it with blue denim. Such a classic look <3

    XO, Jessi
    https://www.mywhitet.com/restore-bounce-tired-skin/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jessi! Its such a classic look!

      Delete
  2. This is such a laid back look, yet so chic! Absolutely love the flirty shoulder of the sweater!
    Love, Keren
    www.kerenwithane.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Keren! I love it too! I might need to pick it up in the pink!

      Delete
  3. You look so pretty!
    That sweater is perfect on you!
    xo, Kari

    http://www.acolorfulstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you are so sweet Karina! I love it too!!

      Delete
  4. You look amazing! love the sweater!!
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: MY FASHION MONTH - VLOG + LOOKBOOK

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig