Live life in style

April 16, 2017

ISLAND PACKING


I know festival dressing is on everyone's mind with Coachella filling up our social media accounts. While floral tiaras and crochet tops are perfect for music festivals, palm trees and bikinis are fresh on my mind. As my Spring break quickly approaches, island dreams and coconut drinks are what I have been looking to for several months. I always like to share packing tips via my blog or Instsatory, so I am especially excited to provide insight into packing for a Caribbean vacation. In the coming weeks I will be headed to the tropical islands of Turks and Caicos for some R&R, sunny skies and breezy palm trees.



As usual, I always pack one carry-on to fill all my packing needs. Warm weather packing is much easier than lugging cold weather heavy knits and coats. Bikinis, cover ups and cotton dresses take up little room and this can't be more true than when you are "packing with purpose" This is a round up of my must-haves when heading to the tropics.

CARRY ALL HANDBAG
Don't forget to pack a beach bag that also serves as a travel tote and a casual handbag. After your carry-on duffel, a roomy tote is just as important for storing magazines, books, makeup and skincare. Don't skimp on a durable handbag that works for all occasions and can easily be used for a casual day outside the resort. I personally love using my Deux Lux tote for toting around on the beach. I first traveled with it to Arizona and found it perfectly durable and versatile for all my traveling needs. Below are several options including this handbag- all of which are lightweight, reliable and on-trend.



EMBELLISHED FOOTWEAR
Don't skimp on footwear when heading to a tropical destination (or any destination for that matter). An experienced packer will agree with me here - trade your Havianas for a jeweled, tassel detailed, pom-pom beach sandal. Wear these with your breakfast dress, beach cover up and dressed up dinner look. Keep the party going all day while wearing fancy shmancy footwear all vacation long. I purchase most of my summer footwear at ASOS for their on-trend selection and moderate price points. The above were a Zara purchase from LY, but this year I am gravitating towards fun embellished slides and mules for a modern feel.


ALL PURPOSE COVER UP
I love a beautiful cover-up. A well made tunic, dress or caftan for the beach is the perfect item for a glamorous beach getaway. I especially love finding multiple purposes when buying a beach cover-up. Depending on its special details, I've worn tunics to dinner, dresses to breakfast and even caftans out and about outside the resort. I've worn my Eberjey cover up multiple times now and find it to be perfect for a swimsuit or a top overs shorts for dinner. I know this seems a bit odd, but I like finding versatility in items I pack and this specific tunic is just too pretty to only be worn to the beach.


HAT ATTACK
Face coverage is obviously super important at all times, but uber important when you are graced with blazing sun all day in a tropical locale.  I love a large, straw hat with colorful details and embroidery. The larger the better, both in fashion and function. These days it is much easier to find stylish options ranging in various price points. Any straw hat will do, but I am especially loving anything with sequins and pom poms. Similar to footwear, I like embellished head wear that adds a punch to the overall beachy look.



Shop My Look:

SHARE:

9 comments

  1. I love the mix of patterns here! Perfect outfit dear!

    http://ariadibari.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was so fun for tropical vacation!
      xx
      Samantha

      Delete
  2. Amazing outfit! So Island-chic!! I love the play of mixed prints and patterns too.

    With love,

    Amber
    http://www.loveambervictoria.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Amber! I thought it was super Island-chic too!!
      X
      Samantha

      Delete
  3. https://anastasianova.wixsite.com/anastasianova
    VISIT MY NEW POST!!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig