Live life in style

February 16, 2017

PACKING WITH THE NEW YORK BLONDE


I am an expert when it comes to packing. There are not many areas in life that I can confidently claim expertise, but this is one of the few. My fiancé and I have been traveling together for several years and not once have I checked a bag. Even at our farthest and longest vacation to Hawaii this past winter did I check a bag. My Tumi duffle has been taking me around the world for the past five years and continues to be just fine. I have posted on packing before, but chose to post these 3 rules will be coming into play before I take off this weekend for a warm weather weekend.

1. KNOW YOUR ITINERAY
Before traveling anywhere, I write down a full schedule of activities. It is imperative to know how many dinners, breakfasts, lounge days and gym outfits you will need. WRITE IT DOWN! Do not pack on a whim thinking you know your whereabouts for the trip. In order to effectively style your vacation wardrobe, you must know the various locations you will be heading.


2. PACK WITH PURPOSE
I think I may have mentioned this before- pack items that share multiple purposes. Pack items that can be worn to dinner than night and breakfast for the morning after. Many of the items I pack can be worn to dinner, lunch and even used as a beach cover up. This is the time to get creative and style accordingly. You will find a reason to where that awesome multi-layer maxi. For packing purposes, leave it home and save space for essentials.


3. TRAVEL AT YOUR MOST BEAUTIFUL
Before boarding a plane, I always ensure my nails are perfectly manicured. If I have the time, I will give myself a fresh blowout before flying and I always place a touch of perfume on my wrists. Why do I do this? Airplanes are full of germs and never have I exited a plane feeling "refreshed". If I can prevent any feeling of griminess at any point, I will take action. I guarantee these three beauty rules will at least make you feel a bit better after landing at your destination.







SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I totally get what you mean by feeling grimy on a plane. I try to bring face masks to keep my skin hydrated during the flight and it usually helps me look a little more alive once I land.

    jennnngo | twitter | latest post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read a lot about face masks on planes. I am always concerned the person next to me will think I am crazy wearing a fast mask. Not to mention, for all the talk I hear about i, I never actually see anyone with one!

      Delete
  2. Great tips dear,I enjoyed reading your post! <3

    mystylishcorner.blogspot.ba

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always like to travel at my best too, and I also try to take care of myself in the plane - drinking water and moisturising. Planes can make me feel quite gross but doing all of this makes landing a whole lot easier! x

    Ariadna || RAWR BOWS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. I have a 13 hour flight later in the year that I am not looking forward to. However, I plan on bringing moisturizers, face masks, etc to make it a bit easier on my skin for landing.

      Delete
  4. Great packing advice dear :)

    What about following each other on bloglovin? <3

    Caro x
    http://nilooorac.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Samantha!

    These are great packing tips! I love this post, keep up the good work! Also, I've been loving your IG feed lately. It looks so good!

    Xoxo, Elle
    http://www.styelled.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Elle! I hope some of these packing tips help when travelling! Love your blog!xox

      Delete
  6. This is such a beautiful post - you look absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to see more from your travels!!!

    Layla xx

    http://www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig